UPDATE MAY 19, 2020
We will be resuming office operations as of June 1st with a limited schedule. We will be prioritizing emergency patients over other elective procedures as per guidelines from Governor Murphy’s office. Our hours of operations are Mon, Tue, Thu 10-4 for the month of June. We will be adding more hours/days as the COVID 19 situation improves. Please be mindful of our new protocols put in place to protect our patients and our staff and to help flatten the curve of COVID 19 in New Jersey:
1) All patients will be contacted before their appointment and will receive a COVID 19 questionnaire through text prior to their appointment. The questionnaire has to be completed before their dental appointment or otherwise we can not see them as per CDC guidelines.
2) We are eliminating the concept of “waiting room”, patient’s are to wait outside or in their car before their appointment. a staff member will contact them at the time of their appointment and will open the door for them into the waiting room.
3) Patients should come alone and avoid bringing company. Should they have to bring company, the person is subject to all the CDC protocols below and is still asked to wait outside of the office if possible.
4) All patient’s temperatures will be recorded and documented upon arrival at the office
5) Facemasks, hand sanitizer and gloves are provided to all patients in the waiting room at which time the patient is escorted to the dental operatory for treatment.
6) Our office does not utilize paper forms anymore. New patient registration forms are provided online at www.avdds.com and financial and consent forms are sent electronically through text or email to our patients for signature. Please bring your mobile devices with you at the time of the appointment so you can fill out the necessary paperwork on your own mobile devices. payments are also collected online through email or text. All necessary paperwork will be completed before the appointment, minimizing the length of time one spends at the office.
7) If you have tested positive to COVID 19 in the past, you have to test negative to COVID 19 twice over a period of no less than 24 hours for us to be able to provide dental treatment. Otherwise your dental treatment has to be performed at a hospital setting under a Negative Air Pressure System as per CDC guidelines.
Our staff can provide more detail about your appointment if necessary over the phone or text. Please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or text at 201 484 7759.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these trying times. We will come out of this stronger and better than ever.
AV Dental Team
COVID 19 INFORMATION
COVID 19 NOTICE: AS PER NEW GUIDELINES OUT OF NJ GOVERNOR MURPHY’S OFFICE, OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL THE END OF MAY DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. THE SITUATION IS STILL VERY FLUID AND THIS DATE MIGHT CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE CDC/JERSEY CITY MAYOR’S OFFICE/NJ DENTAL ASSOCIATION GUIDELINES. YOU CAN CONTACT US AT THIS TIME VIA TEXT AT (201) 484-7759 SHOULD OUR ANSWERING SERVICE MISS YOUR CALL.
For a list of dental practices that do see emergency patients at the moment please visit;