What is a Crown?
A dental crown is simply a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a damaged tooth to cover the tooth and restore its shape and size, integrity, and appearance. Crowns, when cemented into place with state-of-the-art dental adhesives, fully enclose the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies above the gum line.
Dr. Arash Vahid and his dental professionals at AV Dental provide many patients from all walks of life with crowns every day. If you are advised by the dental professionals at the Jersey City office that crowns are necessary for you, rest assured we can help.
Crowns are used to:
• Cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of viable tooth left
• Protect a weak or decayed tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
• Restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
• Secure a dental bridge
• Cover unattractive, misshapen or severely discolored teeth
• Enclose a dental implant
• Make a cosmetic modification or improve appearance of teeth
Crowns (caps) are also ideal for restoring teeth with larger fractures where a filling falls short. A crown can be considered a more substantial dental option than a filling.
Decay also causes Dr. Vahid and his team to recommend crowns. The crown replaces the decayed area and gives the remaining natural tooth protection.
Call us today at (201) 484-7759 to see how crowns can help you.